Super Godzilla (Chou-Gojira in Japan) is a video game for the Super Nintendo released in 1993 by Toho.
Unlike other games of the era, Super Godzilla is not a straight action game. Instead, the player must guide Godzilla into the different levels by pressing the adequate button in the appropriate place. The game is split in two screens: the top one shows the actions Godzilla is making at the moment, while the bottom one shows his location on the current level. When Godzilla finds a monster to battle, the game switches into a standard side-view fighting segment.
This game is known for having Bagan, a monster that was originally supposed to fight Godzilla in a feature film. The game is also known for substituting the Heisei Mechagodzilla for the original Mechagodzilla in the North American version of the game because Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II had not been released in North America at the time.
Invading aliens have now approached Earth, threatening all life. The fate of the world lies in the hands in a small group of people, who enlist the aid of the King of Monsters Godzilla. Controlling the him through a transmitter on the Super X II, players must lead Godzilla through several cities to fight a final boss that awaits at the end of each level.
* Use a wide variety of items to help beat monsters.
* Godzilla can smash through mountains, buildings and towers, but for reasons still unknown to this very day, you lose one health point.
* Beat the Mothership and you will eliminate all the UFO's for that round of the game.
* Each level is timed, and if you do not finish it in that time you will fail the level.
* You can only hold four colored orbs at a time, which can only be used in battle mode.
* The terrain that you walk on will affect the speed of which Godzilla moves (deep water takes a great deal of time to wade through).
* Godzilla - Defender of Japan, the atomic dinosaur that once destroyed civilization became humanity's only hope for survival. In his quest to rid the Earth of its aggressors, Godzilla was aided by a small band of humans that controlled the King of the Monsters as he faces other monsters.
* Super Godzilla - After King Ghidorah was resurrected as Mecha-King Ghidorah, the human characters determined that Godzilla must increase in power, and so Godzilla had to seek out the three capsules of Super S energy, only then would the monster transform into the godly stature of Super Godzilla. After defeating Mecha-King Ghidorah, Bagan, the ultimate enemy monster of the game appeared and Godzilla again changed into Super Godzilla in order to combat him.
Source: Wikipedia, "Super Godzilla", available under the CC-BY-SA License.