BattleTanx: Global Assault is a multi-player video game for the Nintendo 64 (N64) and PlayStation in which players control futuristic tanks. It is a sequel to the popular N64 game BattleTanx, which utilized the same method of game play. New features were added, such as the ability to utilize special moves with the left and right C-buttons depending on the current tank. 3DO went bankrupt before another sequel could be released.
Players take control of different gangs, each using up to 5 different types of tanks. Most of the tanks can activate special abilities with the left and right C-buttons.
* Hovertank: Fast, can hover over land mines and move sideways.
* Mototank: A small, fast tank with twin machine guns and weak armor.
* Rattler: Small turretless tank with a GAU-8 Gatling gun.
* Goliath: Extremely large, slow tank, sometimes rail-mounted.
o Tankbossa Goliath: Same as the regular Goliath, only it has two Gatling guns on each side. Named so in the Gameshark cheat unlocked Cassandra's Gang. Also known as the Annihilator Class.
* M1A1 Abrams: Medium size, speed, and gun power.
* M2 Hydra: Medium tank with double barrel cannon.
* FLP-E: Pronounced "Flippy", FLP-E stands for "Full Lateral Propulsion, Experimental". This assault gun can flip over and upside down to strafe sideways.
* Hornet: Missile-launcher.
* Inferno: A flamethrower tank that fires in multiple directions.
* Marksman: Laser fire.
* Rhino: Rhinos are tank destroyers; strong fronts and weak flanks.
* Gun Boat: Boats are usually only computer-controlled enemies.
* B-6 Bulldog: Mortar tank.
* Shredder: Fast and has a gatling gun.
* M-80 Demolition Vehicle: Also known as the "Suicide Tank".
Multiplayer in Global Assault allows players to play in almost all of the maps from campaign mode, as well as some which are exclusive to multiplayer. The maps usually are based on known landmarks and locations in the United States or Europe, such as Route 66, the White House, the British Houses of Parliament, and the Eiffel Tower.
Source: Wikipedia, "Battle Tanx: Global Assault", available under the CC-BY-SA License.