The Pfalz D.III was a fighter aircraft used by the Luftstreitkräfte (Imperial German Air Service) during the First World War. The D.III was the first major original design from Pfalz Flugzeugwerke. Though generally considered inferior to contemporary Albatros and Fokker fighters, the D.III was widely used by the Jagdstaffeln from the fall of 1917 through the summer of 1918. It continued to serve as a training aircraft until the end of the war.
Source: Wikipedia, "Pfalz D.III", available under the CC-BY-SA License.
As Described In
Red Baron: Although not as maneuverable as the Albatros D.V, the Pfalz is sturdier and more durable. It can also dive more steeply than the D.V.