Back of the Box
Big, bad, and armed to the teeth!
Megafortress is more than just a battle-scarred B-52. It's the enemy's worst nightmare: a nearly-invisible attacker, carrying enough firepower to destroy the most heavily defended installations in the world.
Forget the run-of-the-flight simulators you're familiar with. Megafortress is in a class by itself: a radically modified B-52H Stratofortress, with radar-absorbing fibersteel skin, an SST nose, and enough state-of-the-art sensing apparatus and weapons systems to jam and blast its way into any place on Earth.
It's a huge, complex aircraft that demands attention to a dizzying array of tasks. Want to know what it's like to deliver 200 tons of mayhem and destruction into the blazing heart of the Iraqi war machine, all the while trying to keep your location a secret? This is the reality of long-range strategic air assault today.
You're not just a Pilot, responsible for takeoff and landing, mid-air refueling and other basic maneuvers. As Navigator you'll plot courses across Iraq and the USSR, keeping your missions on track; as Electronic Warfare Officer you're glued to a radar scope, hunting for threats, jamming signals, keeping the aircraft hidden; as Offensive Weapons Officer you have massive firepower at your disposal: air-to-air missiles, anti-radar missiles, and air mine rockets for defense, and powerful TV/infrared guided glide bombs for the final attack.
With missions in the Persian Gulf and USSR designed by Dale Brown, B-52 navigator and best-selling author, Megafortress is an adventure into the complex world of strategic air assault.
- Multi-position bomber simulation with Pilot, Copilot, Navigator, Electronic Warfare Officer, and Offensive Weapons stations.
- Complete electronic countermeasures maximize the "stealthiness" of the Megafortress.
- Multiple missions in the Desert Storm theater of Iraq/Kuwait, the eastern USSR, and the USAF Red Flag training area in Nevada.
- Arsenal includes the latest in air-to-air and air-to-ground missiles, anti-radar missiles, air mine rockets, standard high-explosive "iron" bombs, and TV/infrared glide bombs.
- Terrain guidance radar screens operate at realtime speed.
- Full 256 color VGA graphics in a 3D world with universal camera angles.
- Sound Blaster and AdLib sound support.
A group of extremists in the Iranian army, backed by Libya and led by a power-hungry general, is threatening to overthrow the moderate Iranian government. The Megafortress must defeat the rebels and put an end to Libya's ambitions in the Persian Gulf. Targets include terrorist training camps, bases, ports, and oil depots, weapons research and storage facilities, ships, submarines, and more. Includes 25 missions in the Iranian and Libyan theaters.
Design your own missions with the Megafortress 3D editor! The 3D editor enables you to create new missions or modify existing Megafortress missions in all Megafortress Theaters. Change the original ordinance loadout for any mission. Landscape your new missions with mountains, radar, enemy interceptors, and more! Add new and varied Megafortress targets. Describe your missions in great detail and create the ultimate Megafortress challenge.