A compilation of F-15 Strike Eagle II and the Operation Desert Storm expansion disk.
The Desert Storm expansion adds eight historical missions based on Operation Desert Storm. Random missions can be generated for the Desert Storm theater, just like with the standard theaters. Certain Desert Storm missions replace the standard F-15 Strike Eagle II Maverick missiles with different air-to-ground ordnance, such as Paveway laser guided bombs, Rockeye II cluster bombs or HARM anti-radar missiles (as dictated by the target type).
Two additional theaters are added from Microprose's F-19 Stealth Fighter: North Cape and Central Europe. Night missions are now available in all theaters.
Back of Box
If you liked the first F-15 Strike Eagle, you'll love F-15 II. The classic game of aerial combat roars back to life in the '90s, loaded with fast action and vivid graphics that make Microprose the leader in combat flight simulations.
Updated with MPS graphics technology
- Solid filled, polygon based 3-D graphics generate incredible visual detail
- Amazingly smooth, fast animation creates the breathtaking sensation of supersonic flight
- Eleven "camera" angles show close ups, wide shots, reverse angles and more
- A quarter million square miles of authentic terrain in four real world battle zones provide a feast for your eyes
- VGA graphics enhance the feeling of 3-D by showing remote objects through a haze that increases gradually with distance
Special options for new computer pilots
- Four difficulty levels and a training mode make the game perfect for dogfighting veterans and novices alike
- Optional "no crash" mode lets you try new maneuvers without risk
- Optional "Director" automatically selects the best "camera angle" on the action.
- Optional take offs and landings: you can start and end your missions in flight
- A built-in Demo shows the basics of combat flying
Packed with more action
- Dogfighting is the name of the game. The sky swarms with bogies
- A streamlined weapons console targets enemy planes with the touch of a button to let you concentrate on the action
- Enemy pilots and missile crews act and react intelligently. Success depends on making the right moves--fast!