The Hudson Line is one of the most famous, bustling, and scenic rail lines in America – and now it comes to Train Simulator. Pulsing with Metro-North commuter, Amtrak intercity passenger, and CSX freight trains, the Train Simulator Hudson Line is packed with railroading challenges.
The Train Simulator Hudson Line route stretches along the east bank of the famed Hudson River from New York City to Croton-Harmon, New York, and serves three roles: it is Metro-North’s busy Hudson Line commuter route; it is the southern end of Amtrak’s Empire Corridor, home to Amtrak’s Empire Service intercity trains and long-haul trains such as the Lake Shore Limited, Maple Leaf, and Adirondack; and it is CSX’s Hudson Subdivision, providing freight service in and out of the Bronx and greater New York. In history and lore, the line was part of the fabled “Water Level Route” of the New York Central and path of the 20th Century Limited.
Train Simulator’s Hudson Line features both of New York City’s great stations – New York Penn Station and classic Grand Central Terminal – and then extends north along the wide Hudson River to the Metro-North shops and CSX yard facilities at Croton-Harmon, New York. The route also includes Amtrak’s West Side Empire Connection, Metro-North’s Park Avenue main line out of Grand Central Terminal, CSX’s Oak Point Link freight route and Harlem River and Oak Point Yards, and the section of Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor from the Bronx over Hell Gate Bridge to Sunnyside Yard and Penn Station. All told, the Train Simulator Hudson Line route features more than 20 stations and delivers approximately 60 route miles of intensive and captivating “Big Apple” region railroading.
The Hudson Line from Grand Central Terminal to Croton-Harmon is electrified via D.C. third-rail and witnesses extraordinary volumes of Metro-North traffic, with the route’s workhorse being MNCR’s flashy blue-and-silver M-7A electric-multiple-units, as are featured with the route. Joining the Metro-North M-7A on the route are an authentic variety of locomotives and equipment, which include MNCR and Amtrak P32AC-DM passenger locomotives, CSX SD40-2 and 3GS-21B “GenSet” freight locomotives, Amtrak Amfleet passenger cars, and Metro-North Shoreliner commuter cars.
Train Simulator’s Hudson Line route delivers fast-paced and challenging American commuter, passenger, and freight railroading at its contemporary best.
The Hudson Line route includes seven challenging career scenarios that include Metro-North commuter, Amtrak intercity passenger, and CSX freight operations.
- [M7A] 1. Against the Rush
- [M7A] 2. Demanding Morning
- [M7A] 3. Whiteout!
- [P32 AC-DM] 4. Empire Service
- [3GS-21B] 5. CSX Oak Point Switcher
- [SD40-2] 6. Bound for the Bronx
- [SD40-2] 7. Toting the Trash
- The famed Hudson Line route extending from New York City to Croton-Harmon, New York, featuring more than 20 served stations and totalling approximately 60 route miles
- Diverse Metro-North, Amtrak, and CSX operations
- New York City’s Grand Central Terminal and Penn Station
- Metro-North shop and yard facilities at Highbridge and Croton-Harmon
- CSX yard facilities at Oak Point, Harlem River, and West Croton
- Metro-North M7A EMU
- Amtrak P32AC-DM with Amfleet equipment
- Metro-North P32AC-DM with Shoreliner equipment
- CSX SD40-2 and 3GS-21B “GenSet” freight locomotives
- Authentic selection of freight equipment
- Seven career scenarios
- Quick Drive compatible
- Download size: 662.9 MB
Source: The Publisher Website.