I've typed up and thrown in my Dropbox some general information for you. Link to the Dropbox is here! In addition to the mechanics, here's the other information I need from everyone:
- Each one of you will be from your own world. It can be anything -- a space station orbiting Earth, a high fantasy setting with elves, modern London, and so on. Start thinking about what kind of world you're from and your role in it. What we're going to do with the mechanics (when I get them typed up) is reinterpret the character roles to fit in with that setting... So if you decide to play a scientist, you'll be telling me what that looks like in your world -- do you play with lasers, or are you smuggling bodies out of the local cemetery? What tools do you use? Etc. Feel free to be amazingly creative with this (I'm afraid of what Alex will come up with, now that I think of it!)
Note: The Witch of Dimensions uses magic -- but if you want to play a scientist, feel free to reinterpret that magic as science if you like.
- With your setting in mind, think about your character and how you've been imprisoned. Whether you've been incarcerated for a crime, trapped in a cave-in, or swallowed by a dragon, you're stuck somewhere and can't get out...not without help, anyway. That's where the Witch of Dimensions comes in -- he's going to rescue you, for a price. If your character refuses him, that's fine -- he'll just patiently wait for you to change your mind. Which brings us to the second part of this question: how long have you been imprisoned? A day? Five years? A century? Again, obviously, you may be as creative here as you like.
- I would also like a description of an item your character carries -- why it's important to him or her, etc. It can be anything (again -- flexibility is the name of the game!)
For now, you can just think on these things...unless you have the book and access to all of the descriptors. If you do, look over the Earth descriptors and do something amazing to make them fit with your concept. Ask me if you have questions. For those of you who do not have the book, I PROMISE I will get these sent to you as soon as I find the time. (You know how much work I've done on this so far? I've muddled over the idea and taken my book out of its delivery envelope. Alex is putting me to shame!)
Here's the tl;dr version for everyone:
Please think about the following things. Once I get the actual mechanics sent out to you, you can get back to me with your answers!
- Describe your world and your character's role in it.
- Describe your imprisonment and tell me how long you've been there.
- Tell me one item your character would never, ever leave home without.
- Ask me for clarification if this hastily-written note confuses you, because you probably aren't the only one, and I suck at explaining things!