Basic Modding Guide, by Blacksheep
Post the signup thread.
Go to Cassie and select 'add a game in signup'. This will send you to a form to fill in.
You want the thread number, not the article number. When you post or reply to a thread, the URL will probably have the article in it. To get the thread number, click on the thread title (next to Subject) at the top of the page. It'll look like this:
Just copy the number (XXXXX) and paste that into Cassie. Cassie will automatically post the player list in the thread and update it as the game fills up.
If you're adding a co-mod, don't forget to hold down CTRL when selecting names. Otherwise you'll unselect yourself.
Once the game is full, set its status to in-progress. It'll still be N0, but that opens up a bunch more options. Generally speaking, you click something to edit it
Assign roles. You fill out the list, and it shuffles them and distributes them randomly. Once you've got those, you can fill out role type and team as desired.
Set a missing-player warning for 24 hours.
Set up the orders. Depending on the order type, targets can be all, dead-only, alive-only or none. Checking the box next to the drop-down adds a free text field.
You'll want to put your wolves in a 'wolves' group. That means they share the kill order; they can see each other's orders and change them. You may also need this option for other groups in more complex games.
Set up Cassie communications. There's a command that makes a modchat for each player. On top of that you'll usually want a wolf chat and a dead chat. Mason or lover or whatever chat as needed. Make a private mod chat if you have multiple mods; helpfully, you can now can do this before the game goes active.
Give out any N0 views, starting information to cultists, et cetera.
Activate the vote tally. It defaults to LHLV.
Post [b][dawn][/b] in the thread. That'll automatically roll the game over to D1 once Cassie scans it.
Send a mail to the players (there's a button to do that in Cassie as well) to let them know it's started.
From there on it's the stuff you'll have seen as a player:
Post [b][dusk][/b] at deadline.
Call up a final vote tally.
Post [b][killed Snaak][/b].
Post [b][dawn][/b] at deadline.
Give out views and so on.
Post [b][killed Dispamanite][/b].
Answer any mod questions that arise and arbitrate any rules technicalities.
Don't forget to set the game to 'closed' and mark a winner at the end of the game.
Cassy Quirks and Tips
* The "sec" flag in the chat room configuration system currently doesn't do anything.
* To make a player invisible in a chat, use "< !-- invis -- >"(with spaces between "< " and "--" removed) as their alias. If they post, their name does not show up.
* If your game features players voting after they have died, you need to set their Death field to blank. "Alive" is meant to show that they survived to the end of the game, not that they're currently alive.
* The chatroom system has two types of locks: green lock means that the person can read but not post, and red lock means that the person can see no further posts beyond that point, besides the no posting.
* You can add people that are not in the game to a chatroom in cassy secretly. To do this, you need to be fast, usually having the player list in one window/tab, and the game comm system in the other: first, add the player with the plus symbol, in the player list. Then, switch to game comm system, refresh it, and add that player to the chatrooms you want, with the aliases you want. Then switch back to the player list, and click edit, and delete him. That way, that play does not appear in the player list, but can still access and post in the chatroom, and see notifications for it.
Add as you encounter.