Eddie's 5th Edition Adventure
EDDIE’S D&D 5TH EDITION STARTER BOX ADVENTURE NOTES
- Bring Gundren’s supplies to Phandalin - COMPLETED
- Conclusion: Supplies delivered and payment received
- Locate where Gundren has been taken - COMPLETED
- Clue: Taken to Cragmaw Castle
- Clue: Has map to Wave Echo Cave
- Clue: Abductors worked for Black Spider
- Clue: Druid named Reidoth, in Thundertree ruins, may know of where Cragmaw Castle is located
- Conclusion: Gundren found and rescued alive. Returned to Phandalin.
What is Black Spider
- Discover who or what Black Spider is - COMPLETED
- Clue: Klarg the Bugbear worked for it
- Clue: Black Spider wants the Triboar Trail raided
- Clue: Bugbears in Redbrands HQ knew of it
- Clue: Glassstaff had letter from it
- Clue: Black Spider' is apparently a Drow Elf
- Clue: Drow are trying to find Wave Echo Cave
- Conclusion: Black Spider, a Drow Named Nezznar, was found and destroyed, his threat ended.
Locate Wave Echo Cave
- Locate the hidden Dwarven mine Wave Echo Cave - COMPLETED
- Clue: Gundren has a map to the Cave
- Clue: Gundren had map to Wave Echo Cave
- Clue: May contain the Forge of Spells
- Clue: Drow seek this place
- Clue: Group is probably being followed
- Conclusion: Wave Echo Cave was located and initially cleared of threats. A little clean up remains
Deliver Lionshield Supplies
- Take Lionshield supplies to Lionshield Coster in Phandalin - COMPLETED
- Conclusion: Supplies delivered , reward received
Lionshield Caravan Guards
- Linene Graywind asked if we could act as guards for shipments to Neverwinter - OPEN
What Happened to Iarno Albrek
- Help Sildar discover why Iarno Albrek has stopped communicating - OPEN
- Clue: Iarno Albrek is Sildar’s fellow guild member located in Phandalin
- Discovered Glasssstaff was actually Iarna Albrek and he was working for Black Spider
- Iarna Albrek escaped from us and is on the loose.
An Orc Threat
- A bounty has been placed on Orcs near Phandalin - COMPLETED
- Clue: Harbin has placed a bounty on Orcs
- Clue: Harbin can be found at the Town Hall
- Clue: Harbin is offering 100gp to kill all the Orc Raiders and another 100gp for the Ogre Leader
- Attempted diplomatic solution; but ended up being forced to kill the Raiders in the end.
- Proof of Bounty collected, needs to be returned to Harbin
- Bounty was claimed
Help Sister Garaele with Old Book
- Gain information about an old book - COMPLETED
- Clue: Take a gift to a Banshee named Agatha in exchange for information on old book
- Exchanged a silver comb to be told to talk to Tsernoth
- Sister Garale briefed
Murder and Abduction in Phandalin
- Shop keeper Thel was murdered and his wife and daughter abducted - COMPLETED
- Clue: It is believed the Redbrands are the culprits
- Clue: Redbrands hang out at the Sleeping Giant Taphouse
- Clue: Ol' Duran said the Redbrands headquater in the abandoned Tresendar Manor
- Clue: The leader of the Redbrands is Glassstaff
- Recovered Mirna and children from Redbrands HQ. Glassstaff was leader but escaped.
- Conclusion: Mirna and children returned safely and reward received.
Danger at Old Owl Well
- Ol' Duran warned of great danger emerging from Old Owl Well - COMPLETED
- Clue: Rumors of Undead lurking there
- Clue: Not old mining ruins, but ruins of a Netherese Watchtower
- Found a necromancer and his foul creations. A short fight ended that threat.
- Sister Garaele mentioned trouble at Thundertree - OPEN
- Clue: The trouble is likely tied in with the Black Spider
Stirred Up Trouble at Thundertree Ruins
- Gundren’s brother has been captured by Black Spider - OPEN
- Locate and save Gundren's brother
- Found town had undead occupants, but did not deal with them.
- Ran into Dragon, and made a deal with the devil for information. Must assist Dragon at later date.
- Gained information on Black Spider, a Drow named Nezznar, and where the Wave Echo Cave is.
1) The Beginning
- Group Met in Ale Winds Tavern located in Neverwinter
- Hired by Gundren Rockseeker accompanied by Sildar
- Job - Supply run to Phandalin, specifically Barthen's Provisions
- The Trek to Phandalin
- The High Road south was uneventful
- On the Triboar Trail, the Group encountered an ambush
- Goblins led by a Bugbear named Klarg were raiding the Triboar Trail
- Klarg and his band were working for something named Black Spider
- Found Sildar and freed him. Discovered Gundren had been taken elsewhere.
- Gundren had a map to Wave Echo Cave, supposedly a lost Dwarven mine
- Found cache of Lionshield Coster supplies, which we returned to Phandalin
2) The Town of Phandalin
- Town held hostage by Redbrands, (Criminal Organization)
- Sildar’s fellow guild member Iarno Albrek is missing
- Group staying at Stonehill Inn
- Local shrine to Tymora is called Shrine of Luck hosted by Sister Garaele
- Sleeping Giant Taphouse is hangout for Redbrands
- Troki was robbed of coin and bow by Redbrands, (Group unaware)
3) Redbrand Headquarters
- Headquarters cleared out
- Discovered leader Glasssstaff was Iarna Albrek but he escaped
- Black Spider seems to be behind this as well.
- Rescued prisoners
4) Running Errands
- Attempting to resolve a few of the seemingly many problems faced by Phandalin the PCs trek out East.
- Faced the Banshee Agatha and was given the name Tsernoth.
- Failed to diplomatically convince Orc Raiders to stop raiding. A fight ensued and the Raiders were killed.
- Ambushed some Goblins and followed one back to its base of operations Cragmaw Castle?
- Killed Inhabitants of Cragmaw Castle? and burned to ground. Found and rescued Gundren
- Returned to Phandalin and discovered a few new details
5) Further Adventures
- In hopes of luring out the Black Spider's agents. The group travels to the Old Owl Well
- At the Old Owl Well they ended the blight of a necromancer there.
- The group later traveled to Thundertree' and discovered it inhabited by Undead and a Dragon.
- Thundertree was left alone and a deal was struck with the Dragon for information.
- Concerned about being followed the group made their way to Wave Echo Cave in a less direct route
6) Closing the Book on Black Spider
- After arriving at Wave Echo Cave the group discovered the corpse of Gundren's brother Tharden.
- A foray into the cave led the group face to face with Nezznar.
- Outmatched, the group agreed with Nezznar to go different ways. (Or did they?)
- Using a risky plan, the group caused Nezznar to fight a small undead hoard. The Hoard and Nezznar destroyed each other.
- The group managed to rescue Nundro
C) Encountered NPCs
| Gundren Rockseeker
|1 Hired Group to escort supplies to Phandalin.
|2 A miner who’s discovered something big, (Wave Echo Cave?), with his brothers.
|3 Ambushed and taken by Klarg and Goblins. Last clue to location is Cragmaw Castle.
|4 Found and rescued from Cragmaw Castle. He had map to Wave Echo Cave with him.
|1 Traveling companion and bodyguard to Gundren Rockseeker.
|2 Ambushed and taken by Klarg and Goblins. Group freed him from captivity.
|3 Assisted Group a little when they arrived in Phandalin
|4 Looking into what happened to fellow guild member Iarno Albrek
| Elmar Barthen
|1 Proprietor of Barthen’s Provisions in Phandalin.
| Sister Garaele
|1 Cleric of Tymora and host for Shrine of Luck.
|2 Asked Group for help with getting information on an old book.
|3 Was set upon by criminals.
| Linene Graywind
|1 Master of Lionshield Coster.
|2 Not a friend of Redbrands.
|3 Paid us for return of Lionshield Coster supplies.
| Nundro and Tharden Rockseeker
|1 Brothers to Gundren Rockseeker.
|2 Late returning to town.
| Toblen & Trilena Stonehill
|1 Husband and wife as well as proprietors of Stonehill Inn.
|2 Late returning to town.
|1 Barmaid at the Stonehill Inn.
|1 Dwarf who mentioned Orc bounty.
| Halia Thornton
|1 Perren got a tip she might be able to help against the Redbrands.
|2 Guildmaster at the Miner’s Exchange .
| Ol’ Duran
|1 Ex-Adventurer who now tends an orchard outside Phandalin.
|2 Helped with information about Redbrands.
|3 Warned Group of trouble brewing at Old Owl Well.
|1 Rescued her and children from Redbrands.
|2 Claimed like Redbrands were selling people into slavery.
| Harbin Wester
|1 Mayor of Phandalin.
|2 Sort of a shystery type, always sweaty and nervous appearing.
|3 Paid us reward for rescuing prisoners from Redbrands.
|1 Bugbear raider working for Black Spider.
|2 Killed by Group.
|1 Leader of the Redbrands.
|2 Turned out to be Iarna Albrek.
|3 Works for Black Spider.
| Gog the Ogre
|1 Presumed leader of the Orc Raiders.
|2 Killed by Group
| Brughor Axe-Biter
|1 Notable member of the Orc Raiders.
|2 Killed by Group
| Nezznar "Black Spider"
|1 A Drow behind many of the troubles plaguing Phandalin of late
|2 Located in Wave Echo Cave
|3 Nezznar was killed by undead by group's planning
- From Gundren at adventure start
- From Klarg and goblins
- Healing Potion x2
- Jade Statuette of Frog
- From Sildar for escorting to Phadalin
- From Linene for returning lost supplies
- From Barthen for delivering Gundren supplies
- From Redbrands HQ: Loot
- A Clean Set of Travel Clothes
- Potion Labeled "Vanish"
- Potion Labeled "Healing"
- 15gp, 22ep, 55sp, 75cp
- Gold Earing Set w/Tiny Ruby (30gp)
- 3 Bags Coins/Gems = 88gp (From Slime Chest)
- Magic Sword [Talon] (From Slime Chest)
- 2 Potions of Healing
- Scroll of Augury
- Scroll of Charm Person
- Scroll of Fireball
- Pouch of Coins = 150gp (From Bugbear)
- Ring of Keys (From Bugbear)
- The Journal of Urmon the Younger
- From Mayor Harbin Wester for rescuing Mirna
- From Orc Raiders
- Beat Up Chest = 65gp, 62ep, 180sp, 750 cp
- From Castle Cragmaw?
- 120 gp, 160 ep, 220 sp
- 3 Potions of Healing
- Scroll of Silence
- Scroll of Revivify
- From Sildar for rescuing Gundren
- From Necromancer
- Copper Ring
- Curved Dagger
- Black Stone Staff
- Skull Cap Helmet
- From Wave Echo Cave
- Tharden's Boots
- Healing Potion
- Staff with Spider Sculpt
- 15pp, 130gp, 190ep
- Elaborate Dwarven Beer Stein