GameChat League: Mafia Division
GameChat League: Mafia Division was formed in January 2011, shortly after Stingray split into two groups, Amoeba and Phoenix.
The division is named for mafiascum.net, through which most of the original group knew each other. As the years have gone by and members come and gone, the GCL's makeup has gotten more eclectic, though a few graybeards from the early days are still active in the lists.
In June 2018 after the departure of a few members from our fair chat league, the membership of GCL Snoo was folded into Mafia.
Who We Are
In case it isn't clear from perusing our Geek Lists, we are very informal and laid back. Once described by an elder statesmen of BGG as "the party GCL," we have a love for sarcastic joshing, warm-hearted ribbing, and an almost infinite tolerance for animated GIFs. Sometimes we even remember to talk about board games!
Active members are expected to participate in the weekly lists by posting weekly plays. Additional interaction through themed questions/Game of the Week/Top 5 entries are encouraged. While we tend to skew toward Cult of the New/high bandwidth play, all gamer types are welcome and non-GCL members may also comment in the lists.
Our GCL is currently at capacity and we are not actively seeking new members, but feel free to follow along if you have an interest.
Our sigil is a baby or a muffin (we're not sure which), and our house words are "MOAR GAMES".
(Dates as active members listed below each avatar)
| Jan 2011-Feb 2011
| Jan 2011-Mar 2011
| Jan 2011-May 2011
| Jan 2011-May 2011
| Jan 2011-June 2011
| Jan 2011-Aug 2011
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
| Jan 2011-Jul 2012
| Jan 2011-Apr 2013
| Feb 2011-Mar 2012
| Mar 2011-Sep 2012
| Apr 2011-Sep 2014
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
| May 2011-May 2011
| Sep 2011-Jun 2012
Sep 2011-May 2013
| Sep 2011-Dec 2013
| Oct 2011-Nov 2011
| Aug 2013-May 2014
Why don't you believe me?
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
| Oct 2013-Nov 2014
| Mar 2014-Aug 2015
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
| Dec 2014-Nov 2016
| Jul 2015-Jun 2016
Jan 2017-Oct 2017
| Nov 2015-Apr 2019
Well me known for eating cookie when me don't they shout
Look! He try to throw loyal fans a curve!
| (GCL Snoo)
Jun 2018-Nov 2019
GCL Mafia List Header Formatting
[b][size=12]Welcome to GCL Mafia Division's weekly geeklist![/size][/b]
• [url=https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/611463/gamechat-league-mafia-division-subscription-thread]GameChat League: Mafia Division Subscription Thread[/url] (links to past lists, subscribe for weekly notifications)
• [url=https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/GameChat_League]GameChat League Wiki[/url] (for general information about the GameChat League concept)
• [url=https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/GCL_Mafia]GCL Mafia Wiki[/url] (for specific information about this division)
• [url=http://www.robandkriskris.com/gcl/]Thesp's GCL Games Played Tool[/url] (an easy-to-use tool for collating your plays for the week)
[i]GCL Mafia Members:[/i]
• Please add an item to represent your gaming life for the week.
• List any games played along with your thoughts/opinions.
• Also, feel free to share gaming news, life updates, pictures of muffins, random thoughts, or anything else you deem appropriate.
[i]GCL Mafia Geeklist Format:[/i]
• Each week, one or more questions will be posted. They can be gaming-related topics or non-gaming-related topics. Themed questions are optional. Gifs are always encouraged.
• Members can post additional items as they see fit.
• Please refrain from adding items if you are not part of the current roster.