The site - Promotion Basics
BGG has some rules on promotion: Rules
1. You are entitled to one new thread in the Press Releases forum with an offsite link to your crowdfunding webpage. Promoting outside of that thread (especially if you include offsite links to your crowdfunding project) may result in intervention by the site's moderators.
- The first time you get warned
- The second time you get locked out for a short time
- The third time you get banned.
2. In addition to your PR, additionally you're entitled to a single post in the appropriate Crowdfunding Announcements thread: (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, etc)
3. No Unauthorised contests. Please contact the Community Manager Octavian if you wish to run a contest.
Adverts can be taken out on the site. Contact the Advertising Manager Chad, for costs, perks and options. In my experience the real value of advertising is not in turning an unsuccessful crowdfund into a successful one, but in turning a successful crowdfund into a very successful one.
Get your game in the database
If your game meets the criteria you should add it to the database. Your game will require admin approval, so please leave as much time as possible. 2-3 weeks is the standard time required but during the holidays and at busy periods it may take longer. The more time you can give it the better.
Here's a guide: How To: Add a Game to the Database (with Screen Shots)
Once your game is in the database it will have its own gallery, forum and video section. This gives fans and potential supporters a new place to learn more about the game and you a new place to share information. Sharing information about your game in its own forum is welcomed.
The more game based information you can share the better.
Please note: once your game is in the database it is subject to user comments, ratings and submissions.
Adding pictures of your game
Adding a file to your game