Jocly is a platform dedicated to abstract strategy games.
All games implemented in Jocly benefit generic features:
- 100% HTML5: the games can be played on a recent browser without the need to install and use a plugin. Chrome or Firefox are recommended.
- Artificial Intelligence: the AI engines (Alpha-Beta or UCT algorithms) allow playing against the computer at various levels.
- Turn-based play: each player plays on his turn in the browser. The opponent receives the notification by mail with a link to play the next move in the browser.
- Live play: play live against other connected users.
- Video chat: when playing live, the players can see each other in video (WebRTC technology).
- 3D interface: all new implemented games plus the most popular ones offer a default 3D user interface that permits to turn around the board and zoom in/out, bringing the online games to a new level of reality (WebGL technology).
- Developer API: all games source code is accessible and can be used to modify existing games or create new ones from within the integrated Jocly IDE.
- Webmaster API: games can be easily integrated into external sites.
Some of the implemented games (Firefox or Chrome browsers recommended):
- Margo: Play 4x4 (Spargo), 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x8
- Spline: Play Spline or variant (Spline+)
- Mana: Play
- Chess: Play
- Checkers: Play International Draughts, Turkish Draughts, English Draughts, Brazilian Draughts, Thai Draughts
- Alquerque: Play
- Nine Men's Morris: Play or variants 12 Men's Morris, 6 Men's Morris
- Checkers: International, Turkish draughts, Brazilian dama
- Connect Four: Classic, Large, Popout, Five in a row, Torus 4
- Scrum: Play
- Mu Torere: Play
- Yohoho: Play
- Penguin Soccer: Play
- Catch the Hare: Play
- Tafl: Hnefatafl:Play, Tablut:Play, Ard Ri:Play, Alea evangelii:Play, Brandubh:Play, Tawlbwrdd:Play
- Courier Chess: Play
- Makruk: Play
- and many other games
Quick Youtube video showing some of the supported game in their 3D version.