Kai SoE Ruach
Name: Ruach Tolg
Birthplace: Kel Loar (urban)
Ruach was born in a family of a fur merchant in Kel Loar. He is the youngest of three brothers.
Ruach's father - Oras Tolg - started his career as a hunter and worked his way up to having his own fur business. When Kel Loar was attacked by Feondas, many people left the city, but Oras insisted that all the Tolg family will stay to defend their hometown. After the invasion was over, he was one of the few fur hunters still remained in Kel Loar, which helped Oras with establishing his own fur trading house.
Even after becoming a relatively wealthy man, Oras still frequently accompanied his hunting parties to practice his archery skills and to show his children a different slice of life. Ruach liked these trips to the wilderness very much. His progress in archery was very fast, and when other teenagers of the city were only starting their weapon training, Ruach was already very confident with bow. Ruach's Damathair had a feeling that the boy could be successful with sciences as well, but Oras couldn't even imagine his son spending his life in the library, so this possibility of Ruach's development never happened.
Ruach's father was a skeptic, who, although paying due respect to the Demorthen and their teachings, as requested by ancestors' traditions, was equally unsympathetic to all kinds of religion, be it The One God or Spirit of the Wind. Ruach followed his father in this "atheistic" direction.
After the mandatory military service was over, Ruach began his work as a clerk in father's fur trading house. This became boring fast, so Ruach started to take some questionable jobs on the side, which required spying on other people. In this sphere, he became relatively successful under the alias "Hot Wind". The spy star of Kel Loar was someone called "Silver Bird". Ruach become obsessed with finding who Silver Bird really was. He even managed to see the famous spy without his mask, and discovered that Silver Bird was actually a young woman of Ruach's age. Ruach fantasied about approaching and talking to her, but the spy code of conduct strongly prohibited any contact outside of a mission, so his fantasies remained fantasies.
During one of his spy jobs, Ruach became a witness of a well-known and respected knight receiving a bribe. The knight managed to see Ruach's face, so Ruach decided to leave the city in an attempt to save his family from the knight's wrath. He never told anything to his family or friends, and left the city within several hours after the accident. Luckily, a day before he was contacted regarding a wealthy noble (Filian) who required a mercenary who would helped him to make a safe trip to Seol. Ruach immediately agreed to take this job. His price was much lower than usual, but in return he demanded from Filian to keep their departue time in secret and not to reveal Ruach's real identity.
Ruach's leaving was so unexpected, that there were some rumors going on about Ruach committing some kind of crime.
Ruach has grown up in a family where traditional Talkeride religious, cultural and social values are tolerated as "the way of our ancestors", but are not really esteemed or followed. Ruch does not have any serious knowledge about other parts of Tri-Kazel, but would accept them with an open mind. Some people could misinterpret this as lack of moral values and reliability.
While facing problems, Ruach is active, dynamic and optimistic: he would rather do something, than wait for consequences that he cannot control. This quality borders on impulsiveness and lack of consideration.
Ruach has a straightforward, logical mind. Where he lacks in his education in sciences, he makes up with his ability to understand and connect things, and build logical conclusions based on simple facts.
Besides his analytic abilities, Ruach is not very inventive or original. He never was any good in arts, and rarely is fascinated by bards or storytellers.
- Combativeness 5
- Creativity 2
- Empathy 3
- Reason 4
- Conviction 1
- Quality: Free (Conviction/minor)
- Flaw: Unreliable (Conviction/minor)
- Close Combat: 1 (0 +1 (everybody))
- Erudition: 2 (0 +1 (middle) +1 (age))
- Feats (Sec.): 3 (3
- Nat. Env.: 1 (1
- Perception: 5 (2 + 3 (improvement))
- Relation: 3 (1 +1 (urban) +1 (middle))
- Shoot (Pr.): 5 (5
- Stealth: 5 (2 + 3 (improvment))
- Close Combat 6 = 1 + 5 (Comb)
- Craft 2 = 0 + 2 (Crea)
- Demorthen 3 = 0 + 3 (Emp)
- Erudition 6 = 2 + 4 (Rea)
- Feats 8 = 3 + 5 (Comb), +2 bonus on tumbling, hiding, evading from Agile
- Magience 4 = 0 + 4 (Rea)
- Nat. env. 4 = 1 + 3 (Emp)
- Occult. 4 = 0 + 4 (Rea)
- Perception 10 = 5 + 4 (Rea) + 1 Good Sight
- Perform 1 = 0 + 2 (Crea) -1 Uncharismatic
- Prayer 1 = 0 + 1 (Conv)
- Relation 5 = 3 + 3 (Emp) -1 Uncharismatic
- Science 4 = 0 + 4 (Rea)
- Shooting 11 = 5 + 5 (Comb) + 1 Good Sight
- Stealth 10 = 5 + 3 (Emp) + 2 Agile
- Travel 3 = 0 + 3 (Emp)
Setback: rumour ("he left the city too fast, must be a criminal")
- Consciousness: 5
- Instinct: 7
- Trauma: 2 (7 - 5)
- Orientation: instinctive
- Mental Resistance: 6 (1 + 5)
- +3 Stealth (-30xp)
- +3 Perception (-30xp)
- Financial Ease (-30xp) +10FD
- Agile(Nimble x2) (-60xp) (bonus +2 Defense, +2 Stealth, +2 Feats tumbling, hiding, evading)
- Good Sight (-30xp) (+1 Perception, +1 Shooting)
- Enemy (+30xp) (corrupt knight)
- Addiction (+20xp) (tobacco)
- Uncharismatic (+30xp) (-1 Performance, -1 Relation)
Defence: 14 (3 Emp + 4 Rea + 5 + 2 Agile)
Speed: 8 (5 + 3)
- Shooting 11 (5 + 5 + 1 Good Sight)
- Standard (Atk: 11, Def: 14, Spd: 8)
- Offensive (Atk: 13, Def: 12, Spd: 8)
- Defensive (Atk: 9, Def: 16, Spd: 8)
- Quick Attack (Atk: 9, Def: 14, Spd: 10)
- Movement (Atk: n/a, Def: 16, Spd: 8)
Survival Points: 3
OOOOO Okay -1
OOOO Bad -2
OOOO Critical -3
Starting money: 30 days of unskilled profession = 30 x 6 Ed = 180 Ed = 1Fd 8Ad
"Financial Ease" : + 10 Fd
Total starting: 1180 Ed = 11Fd 8Ad
- Weapons and armor
- Dagger (1 dmg; 3 yd) - 4Ed
- Bow (2 dmg; 20 yd) - 30Ed
- Long sword (3 dmg) - 70Ed
- Studded leather tunic + coif (2 prot.) - 34Ed
Total spent: 158Ed = 1Fd 5Ad 8Ed
Communal money: 25 x 5 Fd
- -2 Fd for staying at the tavern in Ard Monach