Star Wars: Rebellion is a popular strategy game by Fantasy Flight Games (FFG) that lends itself well to the Play By Forum (PBF) option. The waiting list below has been created to help moderators find players for their games. All games are collected under this forum: Play By Forum
If you are interested in playing a game of Rebellion by forum, please post your name below. General requirements are that you own a copy of FFG's Star Wars: Rebellion and that you can check in at least once or twice a day once your game starts. Only card titles will be distributed as FFG's practice has been to allow PBF games to proceed so long as no actual text is posted (thus the reason to own the game). Other specific requirements will be outlined at the start of the game and may change from moderator to moderator, such as rules regarding private messaging in team games. If you haven't played before, it might be a good idea to browse the list before your first game. Entry into a game is on a first come, first serve basis. And while we will try to accommodate everyone that wants in a game, we reserve the right to end this at anytime.
If you are interested in moderating a game, please note that below. Obviously, anyone can go and start their own moderated games and set it up however they want. However, in the interest of creating a preserving a strong PBF community, moderators and players are asked to honor the order of the waiting list to the greatest extent possible. Moderators can get started at their leisure. Links for the files you need are below the waiting list table.
How To Add Your Name
- Click on the "Edit" link at the top of this article.
- Add the following two lines to the BOTTOM of the list before the "|}" code):
- | "YOUR USERNAME" || "LIST OF PREFERENCE CODES" || "LIST OF STATUS CODES"
- Replace the text in "CAPS" with your specific information. Do not add the " mark (or just follow the example above you).
- CODES can be found below.
- At the bottom of the webpage, note the "Edit Summary" description, such as "Added Name" or "On Vacation"
- If you are currently playing in a game, you cannot get back on the list unless the time marker for your current game has reached 5. Once that happens, you may get back in line, but please mark "#" and the "game number" behind your name. To be fair to everyone, we ask that you play in only one game at a time (including rematches).'
- When a game gets started, a moderator will invite the first 2-4 names until a game fills. Once that game starts, those names that accepted will be removed from the list and everyone else will move up. Names will also be removed from the list for too many declined invitations.
- There is a record of the edits on this page so we know who may be cheating!
- NOTE: Since people can update this list simultaneously, it is possible that your name may not appear. Please verify it is on the main page before you leave.
- NOTE: If you are a new user or not a regular user, please set your GeekMail notifications to forward messages to your regular email address. The list has the potential to clear very fast at random times and you will be bypassed if you do not respond within a timely fashion. Instructions on forwarding GeekMail. When GeekMails are forwarded, the subject line will start with "[BGG]" followed by the subject of the GeekMail. Please make sure your spam filter allows e-mails with "[BGG]" in the subject line.
Since anyone can edit this page, we ask that only moderators update the status of 'other' players. This edit should be limited to removing players who started in your game and those who ignore the invite. A first ignore gets marked with an * but stays on the list in the same position. A second ignore gets ** and is moved to the bottom of the list. A third ignore gets deleted from the list.
So an added name should show the user added with a history of that user adding the name. Any deletion should show the moderator name with a larger update. If anything looks suspicious, it will be corrected by a moderator.
When you add your name to the Player Waiting List, you should consider including one or more of the following "Preference Codes" in the "PREFERENCE" column. These codes tell moderators which types of games you're most interested in playing, or if you prefer playing one faction or the other. Because these codes only communicate a preference, you may receive invites to games that don't quite match your preferences. If you want your preference to be taken as a firm requirement, simply add a "!" after the relevant preference code.
- B - Prefer to play the base game
- X - Prefer to play using the Rise of the Empire expansion (you must own the expansion to choose this option)
- 2/3/4 - Prefer to play a game with the indicated number of players
- R - Prefer to play as the Rebellion
- E - Prefer to play as the Empire
- A - Prefer to play as their faction's Admiral in a team game
- G - Prefer to play as their faction's General in a team game
- Any - You are willing to play with any number of players, as either faction, with or without expansions. (This is the equivalent of leaving your PREFERENCE column blank.)
- ! - Adding this after a preference code means you are only willing to play if this requirement is met
Example: A player with the preferences "B4! RG" will only play in a 4 player base game, and he would prefer to play as the Rebel General, but is willing to play either faction or role.
These codes appear in the "STATUS" column, and can be added either by yourself or by others depending on the context:
- #[game#] — (e.g. "#012") You are currently playing in the indicated game, and will be bypassed for invites until that game ends.
- M — You are moderating at this moment, and aren't willing to join a new game.
- Vac:[start]-[finish] — You are vacationing during the specified period, and are exempt from collecting asterisks for ignored invitations (see below). Once the finish date is passed, or if you do not include one, you are liable to collect asterisks as usual. If your vacation is more than 3 months, please wait and sign up again when you need less than 3 months' vacation.
Status Codes for Moderators:
- * — Player has ignored one invitation. (If a 2nd invitation is ignored, they will be moved to the bottom of the Player Waiting List)
- ** — Player has ignored two invitations. (If a 3rd invitation is ignored, they will be removed from the Player Waiting List)
- I-[game#] — (e.g. "I-299") Player has been invited to the indicated game.
Your name may be on the list only once. If you are currently playing in a game and would like to get back in line, please wait until the time marker for your current game has reached 5.
* — Indicates the Moderator is currently running a game.
ninjamatic3000 (001, 002, 008, 015, 019, 032)
TheV0791* (004, 006, 011, 016, 021, 022, 023, 036, 037, 039, 093)
Menghini (005, 007, 010, 014, 018, 020, 020a, 026, 041X, 044X)
Koleman2 (017, 070X)
Sringoot* (024, 027, 029, 031, 040, 042X, 043X, 047X)
Rho Indi (025)
Model358 (028, 034)
mrfan (033, 038, 041X, 045, 048, 061, 068X, 078X, 087X)
nicktenny (030, 035, 064X, 072, 076X)
flamingpichu (046, 054, 088)
cyb3k (050X, 051, 056X, 060, 063X, 066, 071X, 080, 083X, 086X, 089X, 094X, 097)
Lawldude (055X, 059X, 065X, 075X, 081X, 082X, 085X, 092X)
JosephProphet* (062X, 067X, 069X, 077X, 079X 084X, 091X)
faintpremonition* (095X, 096X)