Certain features and fields have been misused or misinterpreted over the years, so we felt it necessary to clarify their purpose.
The "Adapted From" field is intended to link together a board game adaptation of a video game, and vice versa.
1. The packaging explicitly states that one game is based on the other.
2. Both games share the same "game specific Intellectual Property (IP)". Games that are based on a movie, comic, etc should not be linked. For Example: Most Star Wars games are based on the movies and not on an existing game, video, board, or otherwise. If there is a specific Star Wars video game, like Battlefront, that was made into a board game, then we would link them using the "Adapted From" field. Otherwise use franchises and series to group these kinds of games.
- Example #1: Bloodborne is an Intellectual Property that started out as a game, not a movie, book, etc. Bloodborne: The Card Game is undoubtedly based on the Bloodborne video game.
- Example #2: The Witcher is an Intellectual Property that has it's origins in the books of the same name. The Witcher: The Adventure Card Game is linked to The Witcher video game because the card game is clearly based on the video game adaptation and not on the books.
3. Games that use a "game specific IP" as a skin can also be linked.