Refugees have fled from the war-torn and oppressive Ortonian Empire and recently established a new colony, Vispae Prime, with the paid help of a strong mercenary company - known as the BlackThorn company. The mercenaries used this endeavor to break contract with the empire - who was running late on payments.
The mercenaries are now established off-planet, nearby Vispae Prime, using their massive starship fleet as base of operations.
- External - The mercenaries are increasingly intervening in the state affairs of Vispae Prime.
- Internal - Some of the older, more conservative refugees want to recreate the political/social structures of the Empire, but the younger refugees want radical change.
- Internal - Vispae Prime's doesn't have ability to remain self-sufficient for long. The supplies they brought with them are beginning to run out.
- Vispae Council Chambers -- where most official meetings and debates take place. The chambers are very grim and industrial - as there was no time to waste to build anything ornate.
- The Landing - the central bar of the settlement.
- The Ships Graveyard - A grounded fleet of ships of various shapes, sizes and designs that have been converted into living quarters in a rough circle surrounding the council building. Also just referred to as the 'Graveyard' and possibly 'Grave'
- Liberty's Hammer - Grounded star-cruiser. Used as the de facto military headquarters - and briefing point.
- Starfire Peaks - one of the few interesting natural features of the landscape of this planet near the settlement.
- The crystal forest - the landscape of tree sized purple crystals that litter the plains between our settlement and the mercenary encampment.
- Prosperity Hall - the central, communal dorm for where families who haven't constructed independent lodging yet (and orphans) live and eat.
- The Farm - the open expanse of land near the settlement that the refugees are clearing (and/or terraforming) in an attempt to kick start agriculture.